We’re looking for an intern! You don’t have to make coffee or pickup anyone’s dry cleaning. We want you to write for our website and social media. Our hope is that you can gain experience writing about classical music and the arts, learn about the work of public media and explore what a future in public media might look for you.
If you are in an undergraduate or graduate program, read on.
Intern Job Description:
What you might do while you’re here:
– Write a blog post each week on classical music, and disseminate post through social media
– Work independently with little supervision and with lots of initiative
– Help organize music library when needed (mostly filing CDs and becoming familiar with how a classical radio library works)
– Assists on Listener Requests days (Friday afternoons), by pulling CDs, finding music and researching
– Other opportunities available, depending on the candidates interests and experience (including on-air opportunities)
Experience we would like you to have:
– Knowledge of classical music and the arts in Louisville and region
– Experience in social media and blogging (please provide links to any work you’ve done)
– Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
– Well organized, accurate and detail oriented
– Flexible schedule, and availability on Fridays between noon and 4pm strongly preferred
– Cover letter
– One-page writing sample
Internships at Louisville Public Media are unpaid. Credit is available to students in an established internship program through his/her school. It is the responsibility of the student to contact his/her school to see if school credit is a possibility.
Please email these items to Kelly Wilkinson No hard copies, please. The Classical 90.5 Program Director will supervise the internship and assign other projects as they arise.
For information about our internship program or to apply, please contact Internship Coordinator Kelly Wilkinson or 502-814-6525.